THE LANAP® PROCEDURE DOES NOT USE SCALPELS OR SUTURES SO RECOVERY TIME AFTER SURGERY IS MINIMAL
Drs. Tom and Mark McCawley Are Noted Authorities on laser gum disease treatment in Ft. Lauderdale & Hollywood, FL . In 1992 they published one of the first studies ever on laser periodontal surgery in the prestigious Journal of Periodontology.
HOW DO I FIND THE BEST LASER PERIODONTIST?
Patients often wonder how to find the right laser periodontist to treat their periodontal disease. We suggest that you ask 5 key questions:
- What is their experience with laser periodontal therapy? Our office had the first Nd:YAG laser in the country in 1990 and has successfully treated over 5000 patients with the laser making us the most experienced laser clinicians in the world.
- Do they have published research on laser periodontal therapy? Since 1992, we have five published research studies making us among the most published researchers on the Nd:YAG laser in the world.
- Have they been invited to lecture on laser periodontal therapy at national meetings? We have presented lectures at the American Academy of Dental Research, The American Academy of Periodontology and the North American Society of Periodontists as well as at several local meeting throughout the country.
- What do other patients say about them? Do they have 5 star reviews on Goggle and other sites?
- Most importantly, are they and their team kind and friendly? Do they take the time to listen to my concerns and tailor a treatment plan specifically to my needs and desires.
Having laser gum disease treatment in Fort Lauderdale, FL with Drs. Tom and Mark McCawley is favored by patients with moderate to severe periodontal disease, as provides unique benefits that other treatment cannot.
MEASUREMENT OF POCKETS
To determine how much damage has occurred and how deep your periodontal pockets are, Dr. McCawley will use a special measuring instrument.
LASER REMOVES BACTERIA
To target and eliminate the bacteria that are causing connective tissue to detach from the tooth roots, Dr. McCawley uses a state of the art dental laser called the PerioLase® MVP-7™, which is FDA cleared and one of the leading lasers specifically designed for laser gum disease treatment in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Laser light is precise and unmatched in its ability to eliminate bacteria and diseased tissue without harming the gum line, so there is little bleeding and swelling.
REMOVAL OF CALCULUS
Ultrasonic scalers are used to remove the deposits of tartar between the teeth and gums. This step is sometimes performed in conjunction with the laser, which can be useful for softening the particles prior to their removal.
CLOT IS FORMED
After ridding the teeth of tartar, Drs. Tom and Mark McCawley uses the PerioLase® again to stir a bit of bone and blood in order to create small blood clots around the teeth. These clots provide a natural defense against germs and bacteria so the gum tissues can heal.
To encourage connective tissue to reattach to the roots surfaces of the teeth, Dr. McCawley compresses the tissue against the teeth and nature does the rest. With laser periodontal disease treatment, sutures are never required.
ADJUSTMENT OF BITE
The final step is to adjust the bite to ensure proper alignment and comfort, which is especially important for patients who have experienced significant bone loss. In fact, laser actually works to generate new bone growth, so that teeth have a better chance of surviving.