Patients often wonder how to find the right laser periodontist to treat their periodontal disease. We suggest that you ask 5 key questions:
- What is their experience with laser periodontal therapy? Our office had the first Nd:YAG laser in the country in 1990 and has successfully treated over 5000 patients with the laser making us the most experienced laser clinicians in the world.
- Do they have published research on laser periodontal therapy? Since 1992, we have five published research studies making us among the most published researchers on the Nd:YAG laser in the world.
- Have they been invited to lecture on laser periodontal therapy at national meetings? We have presented lectures at the American Academy of Dental Research, The American Academy of Periodontology and the North American Society of Periodontists as well as at several local meeting throughout the country.
- What do other patients say about them? Do they have 5 star reviews on Goggle and other sites?
- Most importantly, are they and their team kind and friendly? Do they take the time to listen to my concerns and tailor a treatment plan specifically to my needs and desires.