Laser Dentistry - Fort Lauderdale, FL
Advanced Gum Disease Treatment with Laser Dentistry
If you are wondering if you should choose advanced gum disease treatment over traditional treatments, here are some benefits that lasers have over traditional care:
- Laser is selective – it only targets bacteria and diseased tissue, exponentially reducing overall soft tissue inflammation and pain.
- Laser gum disease treatment does not result in gum recession the way traditional surgery often does.
- Recovery is rapid – within 24 hours for most patients and usually without pain medication.
- Laser dentistry generates new bone growth to support and protect existing teeth.
Using the PerioLase® MVP-7™ For Laser Gum Disease Treatment in Ft. Lauderdale & Hollywood, FL
When providing laser treatment for patients, Drs. Tom and Mark McCawley uses the PerioLase® MVP-7™, which is one of the most advanced and reputable laser tools available and is cleared by the FDA for use in dentistry.
This highly accurate laser gives Drs. Tom and Mark McCawley a more precise way to eliminate bacteria under the gum line. Laser is not concerned with healthy gum tissue, as it only looks for bacteria and disease, making the procedure more comfortable since there is significantly less bleeding and swelling.
Laser delivers additional benefits for patients with gum disease, including new bone growth in the jaw. Gum disease attacks bone and the longer you wait to get treatment, the greater the risk is for tooth loss. Laser is remarkable in its ability to reverse bone loss by generating new growth around your teeth, reinforcing them so that they have a better chance of surviving. Medical studies on advanced gum disease treatment in Fort Lauderdale, FL and our own patient outcomes show that laser fights tooth loss!
- Peter Tsai
- “I have suffered from gingivitis for a long while. Without effective treatment the gingivitis became worsen to periodontitis. I lost teeth and had bone deterioration. Recently I was fortunate to be cared by Dr. McCawley and his staff. For treatment Dr. McCawley used the Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP®).”
- Sara Tallbacka
- “My entire experience at Dr. Tom Mccawley’s office was a very pleasant one. It started with the efficient, friendly and professional staff who took a personal interest in me. I appreciated Dr. McCawley spending time to carefully explain the problem and exactly what he would do to solve it. The laser surgery was painless and I was totally comfortable during the procedure. Dr. Mccawley is committed to excellence and his caring, gentle manner gave me complete confidence in his knowledge and skill.”
Lasers Are Today’s Most Advanced Treatment for Gum Disease
Gum disease affects many people, yet too few seek treatment because of the discomfort and stress associated with it. Laser dentistry in Fort Lauderdale, FL with Drs. Tom and Mark McCawley replaces gum disease treatment of the past, making it comfortable, fast, and exceedingly effective.
Laser therapy is widely used today across a number of healthcare fields. In dentistry, lasers were cleared by the Food and Drug Administration in 1991 and has dramatically changed the way periodontists treat a variety of dental conditions, including moderate to severe gum disease. Today, Drs. Tom and Mark McCawley use laser to comfortably diagnose and heal many types of soft and hard oral tissue diseases with greater accuracy, efficiency, and outcomes.
Unlike sunshine, which generates a rainbow of different wavelengths, laser light used in dentistry consists of just one beam or wavelength, which can be used to identify and remove diseased tissue and bacteria more precisely and without harming other areas in the mouth.