There are 7 key questions we advise patients to ask when searching for a great periodontist.
- Do they treat the actual bacterial cause of periodontal disease or do they just cut away at the resultant pockets?
- When treating periodontal disease, do they use the state of the art LANAP laser procedure, which causes minimal discomfort, or do they use the painful cutting and stitching surgery?
- For unsightly gum recession do they use the much gentler Chou gum rejuvenation technique which uses no scalpels or do they use conventional surgery that creates a painful wound on the roof of the mouth?
- Are they very concerned about my comfort? Do they offer sedation for anxious patients or do they only use local anesthetic shots?
- Are they a family owned and operated practice in the community for over 40 years focusing first on your needs or are they in a corporate owned practice managed by MBA’s from afar setting daily production goals?
- Are they available in their office 5 days per week to attend to my concerns or do they travel to many different offices and only visit your office a couple of days per month?
- Are they friendly and personable and have great Google reviews? Do they take the time to listen to my concerns and then do a comprehensive examination and tailor a treatment plan specific to my needs and desires?